Saturday, March 2, 2013

St. Patrick's Day ~ mason jar treats

St. Patrick's day was celebrated in my childhood home, even though we weren't Irish. I looked forward to the corned beef and cabbage my mom would make. I can still remember the hissing sound of the pressure cooker! I actually didn't like the sound, it was loud...but I couldn't wait for dinner to be ready. Even though I don't make the traditional dinner in my own home...I still manage a small celebration on St. Patrick's Day. This year, I decided to make these mason jar goodies for my boys.


                      Aren't they cute?!!!

          started with all this....


                        2 bags of skittles sorted....


                      Mason jar lid covered in tissue paper...those lids, when removed, can be sharp for little fingers!


                   I chose rolo's for the "gold" at the end of the rainbow.  Obviously you can use chocolate coins...but my kiddos really love rolo's:)~~me too!


                Layer...top off with marshmallows

 
I found these cute shamrock stickers!
 

 I had fun making these...and I especially love the cute little leprechaun hats I found at Walgreen's:)

No comments:

Post a Comment