Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmas Angel Ornaments made out of NOODLES!

It's that time of year to get crafty!!  These are my all-time favorite Christmas ornaments to make.  They are made out of NOODLES, hahaha, and a wooden bead for a head.  Also, the halo is a wedding ring party favor and beads; and these sweet angels hold the cutest little treasures!!  I love the "pearl white" paint I used for this craft.  So pretty!  My glue gun is my favorite crafting tool!!
 
 
I suppose I could've used real candy!  But these miniature candy ornaments were super cute and convenient!!
 
 
I used a variety of "treasures".  Some angels are holding little "gifts" that I found at Michael's...and other angels are holding little tea roses.  I hope to craft more in the coming weeks:)

 

2 comments:

  1. Omg, I love Love LOVE these! Can I ask a few questions?.... What size wooden bead did you use for the head? What pearl paint did you use for overall finish? What kind of glue did you use to put it all together? And where in the world did you find those adorable little peppermint candies? Feel free to PM me: melissa_m_roseman@yahoo.com
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww!! THANKS! I'm glad you like these! I have received tons of compliments after gifting these...and love the look on faces when I tell them they're made with noodles!
      I used wooden beads that were 1cm. The paint is by Folk Art, and is #659 Metallic Pearl White. I used my low temp glue gun to hold it all together. I started with gluing the "body" and "wings" together...then glued the wooden bead to the top of the "wings". Then I painted the entire "angel"...then added all the accessories. The peppermint candies I bought at Michael's 2 years ago on clearance. They were in their miniature ornament aisle (I also bought the miniature present ornaments there). I hope this helps.

      Delete