Saturday, April 7, 2012

Having a Peep party:)

So how do two Mom's stay out of trouble while their sons are having a playdate???  We bake:)  I am loving this idea of baking while our boys are at play.  I am having a blast looking up new recipes I've wanted to try.  Today's baking adventure~~PEEPS.  In the spirit of Easter, and in needing to make dessert for my niece and nephews, I found this very cool idea.  Did you know there is a PEEPS website too??? 
I am very proud of how my cake turned out, especially after having a baking disaster.  MY cake did not rise to the occassion.  It was most definitely NOT looking great, and needed a ton of frosting.


My POOR cakes!  I think you can tell what I'm talking about;)



This yellow cake is mine~~I feel all better, it's looks presentable now!!


AND here it is~~my PEEPs Easter Cake:) I love it!!!


Now what to do with all those left over PEEPS???


I KNOW!  Melt some chocolate and coat in sprinkles!!


And then go crazy and find some toffee chips for the rest~~YUM!!
I loved how my girlfriend and mine's "baking date" turned out.  And I know our boys had the best time too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment